This blog post is for my husband. He is always sending me links to try out healthy desserts. Usually I am hesitant to try them because lets face it, most healthy desserts don’t taste like dessert. However, this one he sent me from No Excuses Nutrition intrigued me enough to try it out. I must admit they were good, a lot better then I was expecting.
We like sweets around our house, but we also like to try and eat healthy. Having this recipe will be great for my husband and I when we have that sweet craving, but want to keep the calories down. We also both work out on a regular basis and like to have protein in our diet. The kids can’t eat these though because I use protein powder in them and the protein powder container says, not for anyone under 18.
The ingredients for these cookies are probably not in your pantry, so you will have to go to the store and find what you need. I have been using protein in more things lately and we drink protein shakes so we always have protein powder around. I was able to find the rest of the ingredients that I needed at Walmart.
The original recipe said it makes 12 cookies, but tonight I only got 9 out of the dough. I like the small batch, that way we don’t waste any and they all get eaten up before they get old. However I doubt that would happen they way we went at them tonight.
If you’re like my husband and like to have protein snacks around, I would definitely try these cookies out. They are pretty yummy!
- 60g vanilla protein powder
- 6 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 cup baking Truvia
- 2 tbsp. Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 oz. dark chocolate chips (60% cacao)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the butter, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place 9-12 rounded tablespoons of dough on a baking sheet. Slightly flatten them.
- Bake 10 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.