I’m sure you’ve come across a time where you needed to make a dessert quickly. Maybe you invited over some last minute guests, or you waited until the last minute to decide what dessert you wanted to make to take to a party. You run to your pantry to see what you have. Whatever the reason, it happens to all of us. Well, I have the perfect dessert for situations like that. These bars are so easy to make and you’re most likely going to have the ingredients in your pantry. You can easily make changes to the ingredients as well if you are missing something. I found the original recipe over at Averiecooks a few years ago. Taste of homes even featured her recipe on the cover of their magazine. I’ve made these on many occasions and can tell you that without a doubt they’re always a hit, especially with the kids. Today we are having the teen group from church over for a cookout and this is what I will be serving them for dessert.
These bars are made in an 8×8 baking pan. Simply double the recipe if you want to use a 13×9 baking pan. I’ve done this many times.
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious dessert, then try this recipe out.
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8×8 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Let it cool before you add the egg, so you don’t scramble it.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla, stir until smooth.
- Add the flour, stir until combined.
- Fold in the Oreo Cookies.
- Place the mixture into the baking dish, spread evenly.
- Add the M&M’s to the top and lightly press them into the dough.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes in the pan.
- Pull them out and let sit on the wire rack until completely cooled.
- Cut into squares and serve!