I haven’t blogged many pork recipes lately, so today is a pork day! These Parmesan Baked Pork Chops are a nice change from your regular dried out pork chops. I like the flavor the breading adds and brining the pork chops help them stay moist. I find that a pork chop is not very enjoyable when its dried out. I brine all my pork and chicken before baking them because it makes such a difference in the outcome.
I found this recipe on a blog called Just a Pinch Recipes about a year ago. Since then I’ve made it a quite a bit. Today I didn’t have Italian bread crumbs, so I crushed some dried stuffing I had in my pantry and added Italian seasoning to it, along with the other seasonings the recipe calls for. It turned out just as good as the origional recipe I usually use.
Sometimes I make this up ahead of time and then put it in the fridge until ready to cook. It’s a pretty easy and quick meal for those of us pressed for time. Even if your not pressed for time it’s nice not to be in the kitchen very long and still get a great meal.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.
- 4-5 boneless pork chops, 1/2″ thick
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil (give or take)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Brine the pork chops by adding 4 quarts of water to 1/4 cup of kosher salt, stir until salt is dissolved. Place the pork chops in the bowl for at least 15 minutes.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper toweling.
- Season pork chops with salt.
- In a bowl add the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Rub the pork chops with olive oil
- Evenly coat each pork chop in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350
- Line a baking pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the breaded pork chops on the pan and baked for 40-45 minutes.
Tonight we served these pork chops with some spaetzle and green beans.