This is one delicious take on cheesecake! I came across cheesecake bites when I had a cheesecake turn out not so pretty on me and I was convinced I could not serve it that way. I decided I was going to make the cheesecake into balls dipped in chocolate. Wow, these babies were good and I was so happy I found a cool way to hide a not so good-looking cheesecake. We liked them so much, my husband offered me to make them for a tailgate party before the Milwaukee Brewers game this past weekend.
I make these cheesecake bites with a homemade cheesecake, but you could use a store-bought cheesecake and make them with that. The flavor I chose was my White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake. I made the cheesecake up ahead of time. Once the cheesecake was ready I used an ice cream scoop to scoop out balls of cheesecake. I rolled them with my hands and froze them for a day. Then I dipped them in melted milk and white chocolate. The milk chocolate ones turned out better and from now on I will only use that. The white chocolate just didn’t look as pretty. I also like the taste of the milk chocolate ones better.
This recipe makes about 30 large balls. I made them rather big and think next time I will cut down on the size, to make them easier to eat.
If you’re looking for a cute new take on cheesecake try these out, they are delicious!
- 1 cheesecake
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- Use a small cookie scoop. Scoop into the cheesecake, make sure to get some crust and cheesecake.
- Roll into balls and place into an airtight container (see picture)
- Place into freezer until firm. I froze mine overnight.
- Melt chocolate over a double boil. (Chocolate in a heat safe bowl setting over a pot of hot water. Do not let the water touch the bowl.)
- Dip fork into chocolate.Place a scoop of cheesecake on top of the chocolate covered fork. Dip cheesecake and shake off excess chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper to harden.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.